OS-Easy server virtualization platform (OS-Easy vServer) is a server virtualization and management software.
Adopt virtualization technology to run multiple server operating systems to make all servers being managed in one platform, which achieves the virtualization of computing, storage and network resources to save hardware investment and management cost.
Manage and dispatch all virtual machines through a unified WEB based interface to improve hardware utilization rate.
It assists IT organizations to build efficient, safe and stable cloud data center.
• Compute node
Deploy KVM-based virtual machine technology on physical servers to provide computing resources.
Virtualization technology separates software (operating systems and applications) and hardware.
It no longer depends on the hardware, makes it possible to create multiple virtual machines in one server, each virtual machine is independent to each other for installing operating system and applications to provide external independent service.
• Console node
Console in data center runs core services. It provides a single GUI entrance (virtualization management platform) for IT administrators to remotely manage resource pools, servers, virtual machines, storage, network and other. components.
Virtualization management platform components:
|• Firewall||• Ethernet Switch||• Console node||• Backup node|
|•VM Group||• Computing resource pool||• Fiber switch|
|♦ Virtualized computing||♦ Security||♦ Virtualized network|
|♦ Monitoring report||♦ Virtualized storage||♦ Load balance|
|♦ Reliable||♦ Disaster recovery||♦ Centralized management|
Virtualized computing: CPU and Memory virtualization, Resource pool management, Resource adjustment, Dynamic migration.
Monitoring & alerting: Host performance monitoring, Virtual machine performance monitoring, Application process monitoring, WEB application monitoring, monitor strategy, Alarm notification, Event log.
Virtual storage: Virtual disk, Local storage management, NFS storage management, SAN storage management, Storage provisioning, Mount a raw device, Multi-path storage, Repository, Disk-File Management, Storage migrations.
Virtual network: Virtual NIC, Virtual switches, DHCP, VLAN, NAT, multiple NIC binding, network I/O limitations, Network topology, External IP management.
Centralized management: B/S and C/S view, Server management, Image management, Import and export image, Image library permission, USB device management, User management, Roles and permission management, Schedule, Time synchronization, Notepad.
Load balance: Cluster load balance, Load balancer, Application load balance.
OS-Easy server virtualization platform uses B/S centralized management interface.
Administrator can access management platform through PC, tablet, or mobile phone to remotely manage all servers, virtual machines, execute dynamic resource allocation and load balance, business deployment, maintenance, etc.
Statistic the use of all server CPU, memory, storage, and other resources, summarize all data center servers, virtual machines, storage, networking and other resources information.
It provides data center resources pool including servers, virtual machines, snapshots, applications, image, storage, network configuration (VLAN, virtual machine switch, NAT, etc.).
Dynamically display physical and virtual network secondary topology in data center, you can view detailed network configuration (IP, Network, VLAN, switches, etc.), network fault can be troubleshot from the topology at a glance.
WEB application monitor
Centralized monitor all WEB application screen, login with a link to the corresponding web interface, timely detect when the background service is failed, can also connect to the virtual machine console for maintenance.
Virtual machine console
Virtual machine console is likely desktop monitor, administrators can login the virtual machine desktop for mouse and keyboard operations.
♦ Zero server deployment
1. Deploy on bare machine in batch.
2. 5 steps to complete the Virtualization software installation.
3. Integrate management platform and database, no additional deployment configuration.
4. Optional B/S and C/S management platforms.
♦ Auto load balance service
1. Self-balance resource in server cluster.
2. Multiple servers run one application at peak hours.
3. Priority virtual machine can obtain resources in advance.
4. Release resource automatically.
♦ High Availability keeps continuous security
1. Online virtual machines migration secures non-stop service.
2. Hardware failure triggers policy can migrate virtual machine automatically.
3. Detect error and recover VM OS automatically.
4. Standby HA for control node, no downtime.
♦ The first KVM virtualization backup solution
1. Online backup virtual machines
2. Backup windows and Linux virtual machines in batch
3. Regularly backup policy
4. Save backup file in local, backup and shared storage
5. Select backup file to restore the virtual machine
♦ Multi-dimensional monitor, multi-dimensional statistical analysis
1. Real-time server monitoring, resource usage statistics.
2. Application monitoring strategy, alarm notification, event log.
3. Application process and service utilization statistics.
4. WEB application screen centralized monitoring.
5. Global network topology.
6. Global Resources Overview.
7. Statistics of applications list installed in virtual machine.
8. Attack and interception statistics.
9. Export report as Excel.
Basic advantages: ensure complete virtualization capabilities.
Covering medium and large data centers and manage all applications, including : virtualized computing, virtualized network, virtualized storage, disaster recovery , online migration, security management, virtual machine HA, load balance, real-time monitoring, resource statistics, alarm policy and logs, reminders, and authority management.
The primary advantage: after five years of market-proven, at least 26,280 hours of trouble free operation.
OS-Easy vServer is the first independently developed server virtualization product , customers cover higher education, enterprise, healthcare, government with core application running in it.
Essential advantages: simple operation
Simple design: one product component, no plug-ins;
Simple deployment: five steps to complete the installation with graphical interface;
Simple upgrade: no business-interruption upgrade.
Special advantage: satisfy data centers’requirements
1. After vServer deployed, it has a global view to show the physical and virtual network topology.
2. Multi-Screens display WEB-Based applications running in virtual machines to detect failure in time.
3. Allowing multiple physical servers to run one application in peak hours, automatically shutdown virtual machines to release resources after peak hours
4. Monitor application process and services running in virtual machines, display resource utilization to position memory consumption machine.
5. Query application has been installed in the virtual machine and export reports as Excel directly
6. Query installed and uninstalled software, operating system upgrade and maintenance log in virtual machine.
7. Mount bare metal device to virtual machine directly, one disk can support more than 16TB.
8. Able to upload operating system ISO file from local office PC to the server, and use in the virtual machine console.
9. Able to upload local files (application installer, documentation, etc.) from local office PC to the virtual machine.
10. Timely restart virtual machines according to the business association and priority without human intervention every week.
11. Chart and reports co-exist, can export resource usage reports about all running business applications as Excel
12. Alarm notification via SMS.
13. Compatible with many USB dongle device, virtual machine can identify USB1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0.
14. Migrate failed virtual machine in seconds, no business interruption.
15. Any compute node host can be switched as control node.
16. Provide backup software to recover virtual machine data disaster.
Before and after virtualization
From the server hardware, data center space costs, electricity costs, human resource cost, integration services to reduce overall operational costs, the more servers and business running in data center, the more cost will be saved.
|Compare items||Before virtualization||After virtualization|
|Server amount||20 old servers, supporting 30 applications|| servers, virtualized to 48 virtual machines to support legacy systems running, and extended to more than 10 applications|
|Server costs||Replace old server 20*5,000=100,000usd||6*10,000=60,0000usd, saving 40,000usd|
|Resource utilization||20-35% average utilization of resources||20-35% average utilization of resources Integration of resources, to take full advantage of the old existing investments, resource utilization increased to 60%|
|Application deployment speed||need to purchase a new server when new application is on-line, install operating system, patches, install applications, configure services, security settings, deploy cycle is 3-5 days||Pre-customized variety of operating systems, application templates and installation Wizard or cloned from other business, 30 minutes to complete the application on-line|
|Business Continuity||Server failure, downtime, business interruption||Hardware failure automatically migrate virtual machines to other servers, business is still running|
|Data security||Hardware failure resulting loss of business data, need to do redundancy backup for each server, system failures need to restore or reinstall the operating system manually|
1. Business Data is Stored in shared storage far away with higher data security
2. Online Business snapshots, backup multiple service points, system failures immediately restored
|Maintenance||Complex application assembly, deployment application, network configuration, tedious work, you need to troubleshoot problems on-site, 10 servers/1 administrator||Remote centralized supervision data center, do not need to go to on-site, provide comprehensive data monitoring and alarm notification, 100 servers/1 administrator|
|Operation and maintenance costs|
1. need to double floor space for servers
2. Increase air conditioning and refrigeration, electricity rising
3. Purchase of new maintenance fee
1. Save space and reduce power consumption
2. Extend equipment lifecycle, reduce repair costs.